BMG Online Marketing Cape Town Presents Our Top 5 Reasons to Have a Web Presence These Days!
Our team at BMG Online Marketing Cape Town are often asked why its so important to have a functioning website these days to be successful. We have put this article together to highlight some of our most important reasons why having a solid online webs presence these days is crucial to your business thriving. It was not so long ago that if someone wanted to check if a movie was playing, they would need to get a newspaper and physically look to see the times ect. If you suddenly needed a plumber if you wanted to check when a movie was playing, you’d consult your local newspaper. If you wanted to find someone to remodel your bathroom, you’d open the yellow pages.
Today, consumers across all age brackets use the Internet and, particularly for computer-savvy users, the Internet is the first place they’ll turn for information about a vendor or service provider.
The Internet offers an opportunity to introduce yourself to consumers exactly when they are searching for your business-by appearing in the major search engines. For niche businesses, the Web presents an opportunity to reach the nationwide or global community, where geographic limitations might otherwise force you out of business.
A Web site can be as much about customer service as it is about selling products and services. A Web site allows you to be available to your clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A website will also help to make your brand look professional and a professional Web presence helps potential customers take your business seriously. Having a Web site does give your business some credibility.
Clearly there are numerous reasons why even the smallest of businesses can benefit from a Web presence, but here are our top five key considerations:
- Visibility:With more and more consumers logging onto the Web to research products and services, if they are going to find your business, your business needs to be on the Web.
- Reach:With a Web site, you are no longer limited to a customer base that is in physical proximity to your shop. Your place of business may be in Cape Town, but your customers can be in Johannesburg.
- Customer service:When customers can log onto your Web site and easily find the information they want-when they want it-their satisfaction increases.
- Competition:A professional looking Web site can level the playing field for smaller companies trying to compete against larger enterprises. It’s also a way to stay in the game; even if people can’t find you on the Web chances are they can find your competitors.
- Credibility:When you can point customers, partners, even potential employees or investors to a Web site, it tells them you are a serious business.
Getting on the Web quickly
At one time having a Web site would have been out of reach for many small businesses, with the cost of hiring programmers, designers and writers and paying for hosting services and the time commitment involved in keeping the site updated.
But the time and expense once associated with having a Web site has been replaced with template-driven software services that make it a quick and relatively painless process to build a Web site.
There are plenty of compelling reasons why small businesses today should have a Web presence. But with the advent of free, easy-to-use services, it’s difficult to come up with a reason not to.
If you would like to know more about how our agency can help you build an amazing affordable website today. Please do not hesitate to contact us.